The best compression sock are specially designed to apply pressure to lower legs. They help in maintaining blood flow, and they reduce discomfort and swelling. Compression socks are usually prescribed by your doctor if you have a condition that causes poor blood flow. Compression socks squeeze the leg and move your blood up your legs preventing swelling and blood clots. So, what are Compression Socks used for?
Compression socks may be used as prevention, protection, or healing. They can be used by people with blood flow problems and diseases, elderly people, runners, and sportsman, people who often sit, or just in case. The medical conditions that are controlled by Compression Socks are:
- Varicose veins – Swollen and enlarged veins
- Lymphoedema – When your body’s tissues swell up
- Thrombosis – When a blood clot is present (very dangerous condition)
- To prevent thrombotic syndrome (pain and swelling that sometimes happens after DVT – deep vein thrombosis)
If a person doesn’t move a lot, compression socks may act as an excellent prevention of these diseases. By saying this, it is logical that more people should consider wearing Compression Socks because of more jobs now than ever before requiring constant sitting. The IT sector is constantly on their computers, people who drive and transport goods are also constantly sitting, etc. Furthermore, runners and sportsman also use them because they stimulate blood flow, which helps the leg to recover faster.
The Benefits of Compression Socks
Compression socks have many benefits:
- Protection from scratches and similar
- Swelling – compression socks are scientifically proven to limit swelling
- Warmth – They warm up your body and improve blood flow
- Health – They can save a person’s life, especially if a person suffers, or suffered from vein diseases like thrombosis, etc.
- Aesthetics – They come in various colors, lengths, and sizes
- Different types of compression for various needs
When to Wear Compression Socks
Compression socks should be worn during the day. They should never be worn during sleeping. If a person is a runner he/she should always wear them during his/her running. Furthermore, they should be worn when sitting, especially in the case of people whose work requires constant sitting.
How to Pick the Right Compression Socks
A person’s leg needs to be measured to see what size compression socks are needed. Furthermore, it is important to regulate the amount of compression, some people need more, while some need less compression. But it has the same out come.